Monday, August 31, 2009

My first Peach Pie!

I posted this last week but for the first time I am participationg in Foodie Friday at  Designs by Gollum !
I have made apple pies for years. I even made blueberry and cherry (although that is not a fav in this house). I make peach cakes and crumble, but my aunt and MIL and mom always made the peach pies.
There was no reason for me to do it! Now, that they are all gone, I felt it was something I should do. I didn't even have a recipe from any of them, because I doubt they used one...So, I went in search and found a great pie recipe at Bake at 350 -http://bakeat350.blogspot.com/2009/07/flavor-of-monthtexas-peach-pie.html.

Well, here is my
result!








I am so happy with the result!! My husband practically did a pie dance because he loved it!! He said it was better than his mom's...I guess he can say that now-but I would not want to be around if he said it back then! I am also glad a took a pic, because soon after, it was all gone!!! Thank you to Bridget for this wonderful recipe! MMMMMMMMMMMMM!
It was my first attempt at latice top, also, and I think I prefer it! Easier and lighter (and I could tell it was done!).
So give a this pie a try!
~Nancy

10 comments:

  1. Ist off I just signed up as a follower-if you follow me I can not get to you and don't know who you are on my list so be sure to read tomorrows post. If you haven't signed up I hope you will I have a challenge-contest to see if I can hit 200 by midnight.

    And don't feel bad about your blog. I took this blog on-day one as a business adventure. Now I just need advertisers to come make it a business adventure.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will keep it mind, I am all cooked out for a couple of days but, mastering fruit pies is not easy so well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! It looks delicious ~ can I have a piece? I've never tried to make a peach pie. I may need to get a little adventurous and try your recipe.

    Have a wonderful day ~
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl It looks Fabulous! Seriously rockin job on it, looks so yummo! I have never ever made a pie of any kind, well the box kind lol but I don't count those! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so glad you liked it! Your lattice is so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buongiorno Nancy,
    bring some pie over Mammabellarte for the 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy...I just responded to your comment on my blog, but I just had to tell you that your comment MADE MY WEEK!!! :) Thank you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. For a novice you started off with a bang--lattice work and everything! It turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is wonderful lattice work for a new-to-pie maker. Your pie looks scrumptious. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, what a BEAUTIFUL!!! and YUMMY!!! looking pie. Your crust look GREAT!!! I really like your lattice work. THANKS!!! for sharing. Geri

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment~ I'd love to hear what you have on your mind!