Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter Tree and How to Make It

    I saw an Easter Tree in a mag a few years ago and had it stuck in my mind to try-with a little hubby help. Here is how I made it. I won't say tutorial because all of you are so clever and know how to write them up properly!!



   You will need 2 1/2 inch dowels  and a 2" by 1" piece of wood about 16" long. All dimensions can be changed to your liking. You will also need a base of scrap wood. Mine is 4" x 6". Sand all edges. Add ons-ribbon, grass, eggs, paint, etc.

Limbs-Cut the dowels to 3 lengths-I did 12", 14" , 16".


Trunk-Cut the 1" x 2" to length that you like-I used 16". Drill 3  1/2" holes through the side all the way through. ( I guess you could also half the dowels and use gorilla glue.) Sand hole cuts. 



I painted all with white craft paint and lightly wiped it off, leaving a white tint.


Screw base to trunk. Slide dowels through.


I picked up these hanging wood eggs at Pier 1 last year, but I habve seen them around. You can use any hanging eggs, or make your own.
Add Easter grass or moss.



I had my hubby cut this bunny from a pattern I drew, but you can decorate in any way using fun wood things that you can find at Hobby Lobby-but I can't because we don't have one!!





Done!
In case I am not blogging-(blog neglect-I know)-
Have a very Happy Easter!!!



12 comments:

  1. This is really sweet. What a great way to display your favorite easter eggs...julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, it's a great project and your instructions are perfect -- Love it. However, I don't see the Boardwalk Bragfest button or link above. Am I just missing it? Could you please put it on your post? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super duper cute Miss!!!! I'm putting a post on today about my egg tree too!! ...but I bought mine :( ...and I don't have a Hobby Lobby either!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy first ~White Wednesday~ Your Easter display is nice. Have a good holiday...Julian

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely delightful! so cheerful! I am so happy that I came by. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week when you get a moment. until later... Happy Whites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute...don'tcha just love it when you can make something yourself!
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a very sweet Easter tree. I haven't put mine out yet - perhaps on Friday.
    I'm visiting from Martha's Lines from Linderhof, where my interest was picqued by your reference to Johnson Bros china.
    I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nancy!
    What a beautiful tree!!!
    I would love to be so creative!!!
    I wanted you to know that you won a ThirtyOne key fob in my giveaway~!
    Congratulations!!!
    Can you please email me
    patricias31gifts (at) yahoo (dot) com!

    Happy Easter
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy,
    Your Easter tree is sooooo CUTE...thanks for showing us how to make one:) HAPPY EASTER!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet and adorable Easter tree...if I could use a drill I might try to make one!!LOL. I decorate my Christmas tree for Easter...guess I should take it down now but it's so pretty! Thanks for coming by for a visit and good luck with the giveaway!

    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nan!

    Love the Easter tree! You live out off Long Island! I used to live in NYC --love it out there!

    Thanks for visiting too....

    love, kelee @ katillacshack.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment~ I'd love to hear what you have on your mind!